By T. Pearman
Read or Download Women and Disability in Medieval Literature (The New Middle Ages) PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
A research of medieval attitudes in the direction of the ventriloquism of God's and Christ's voices via human media, which finds a development from an orthodox view of divine vocal energy to an nervousness over the authority of the priest's voice to a subversive tackle the divine voice that foreshadows Protestant devotion.
Während des Mittelalters ist die päpstliche Kurie innerhalb Europas die wichtigste Adresse der gelehrten lateinischen Dichtung. Vielfach unaufgefordert, wenden sich die Autoren mit ihren Werken an den apostolischen Stuhl, sie widmen einzelnen Päpsten ihre Schriften und verherrlichen sie in Lobgedichten.
The allegories of the virtues and vices have been a standard instructing software within the heart a long time for either spiritual and lay audiences to benefit the elemental tenets of the Christian religion. The Mirroure of the Worlde makes on hand for the 1st time the original textual content within the fifteenth-century British manuscript, MS.
Spatial pondering performs a big function in medieval literature and tradition. this isn't in basic terms validated through the massive global maps and theological types of the cosmos in medieval occasions, but in addition by way of the spatial constitution and motifs of the narrative literature. The articles during this quantity discover how areas are defined in narratives from the ninth to the sixteenth century?
- Sophron's Mimes: Text, Translation, and Commentary
- The Invectives of Sallust and Cicero: Critical Edition with Introduction, Translation, and Commentary (Sozomena)
- Memory in Vergil's Aeneid
- Dante's Plurilingualism: Authority, Knowledge, Subjectivity (Legenda Main Series)
- Stealing Helen: The Myth of the Abducted Wife in Comparative Perspective
- Classical Constructions: Papers in Memory of Don Fowler, Classicist and Epicurean
Additional info for Women and Disability in Medieval Literature (The New Middle Ages)