By Kathryn Geldard,David Geldard,Rebecca Yin Foo
The definitive consultant to the abilities and strategies used whilst operating with young children experiencing emotional difficulties, this publication covers all you must understand about:
· The objectives for counselling young ones and the child-counsellor relationship
· perform frameworks for operating successfully with children
· Play remedy and using various media and activities
· construction vanity and social abilities by using worksheets.
This 5th variation has been up-to-date to incorporate:
· a brand new bankruptcy on know-how; its impact on kids and ways in which expertise can be utilized in the course of counselling
· New content material on problems with variety and distinction in counselling teenagers
· the various contexts during which counselling young ones occur
· dialogue of thoughts of well being and resilience
· up to date references and research.
The e-book is supported by way of a new companion web site that offers education fabrics and handouts on a variety of talents for counselling childrens together with: helping the kid to inform their story sand tray paintings; using miniature animals; using clay; and aiding the kid to alter recommendations and behavior.
This hugely useful advisor is key interpreting for counsellors, psychologists, social staff, occupational therapists, nurses and academics operating or education to paintings with children.