By Stephen Hetherington II
1. advent: The paintings of designated epistemology
Part A. Epistemology as scientific?
2. an issue approximately epistemic dependence
3. Accounting for commitments: A priori wisdom, ontology, and logical entailments
4. Epistemic bootstrapping
5. extra compliment for Moore’s proof
6. Lotteries and the shut Shave principle
7. Skepticism, self-knowledge, and responsibility
8. a cheap contextualism (or, Austin reprised)
A. B. Dickerson
9. wondering contextualism
Part B. knowing knowledge?
10. Truthmaking and the Gettier problem
11. is understanding having the fitting to be sure?
12. wisdom via purpose? at the danger of agent’s knowledge
13. Gettier’s theorem
14. wisdom that works: A story of 2 conceptual models
Read or Download Aspects of Knowing: Epistemological Essays (Perspectives on Cognitive Science) PDF
Similar behavioural sciences books
It's not strange for a festschrift to incorporate choices from a number of parts of analysis, however it is very strange for these parts to pass disciplinary traces. This e-book, in doing simply that, is a sworn statement to Bob Abelson's influence at the disciplines of social psychology, man made intelligence and cognitive technology, and the utilized parts of political psychology and decision-making.
This eagerly awaited quantity provides Anderson's cumulative growth in unified social psychology. The examine is grounded within the 3 basic legislation of data integration concept. examine indicates those legislation to use to themes in social and character psychology akin to individual cognition, attitudes, ethical cognition, social improvement, crew dynamics and self-cognition.
This booklet offers an in depth review of the human components and function obstacles linked to flying speedy jets, integrating all of the most modern on hand learn literature at the hard operational initiatives confronted through such pilots and aircrews. As such, it has a robust army concentration, facing pilots of fighter airplane, assault plane and lead-in fighter coach plane which are usually in simple terms unmarried or twin pilot operations.
Finished and authoritative, The Wiley instruction manual of Evolutionary Neuroscience unifies the varied strands of an interdisciplinary box exploring the evolution of brains and cognition. A complete reference that unifies the varied pursuits and ways linked to the neuroscientific learn of mind evolution and the emergence of cognition Tackles a few of the largest questions in neuroscience together with what brains are for, what components constrain their organic improvement, and the way they evolve and have interaction presents a large and balanced view of the topic, reviewing either vertebrate and invertebrate anatomy and emphasizing their shared origins and mechanisms positive aspects contributions from hugely revered students of their fields
- The Psychobiology of Sensory Coding: Volume 1 (The Uttal Tetralogy of Cognitive Neuroscience)
- Neurobiology of Language
- Emotions and the Body
- Human Factors Challenges in Emergency Management: Enhancing Individual and Team Performance in Fire and Emergency Services
- Cognitive Science
- Cognitive Development in Chimpanzees
Extra resources for Aspects of Knowing: Epistemological Essays (Perspectives on Cognitive Science)