By Allen J. Frantzen
- Reveals vital hyperlinks among crucial recommendations of the Anglo-Saxon interval and concerns we expect approximately today
- Reveals how fabric culture—the historical past of work, medication, know-how, id, masculinity, intercourse, meals, land use—is as vital because the historical past of ideas
- Offers a richly theorized strategy that intersects with many disciplines inside and out of medieval studies
Read Online or Download Anglo-Saxon Keywords (Keywords in Literature and Culture (KILC).) PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
A research of medieval attitudes in the direction of the ventriloquism of God's and Christ's voices via human media, which unearths a development from an orthodox view of divine vocal energy to an nervousness over the authority of the priest's voice to a subversive tackle the divine voice that foreshadows Protestant devotion.
Während des Mittelalters ist die päpstliche Kurie innerhalb Europas die wichtigste Adresse der gelehrten lateinischen Dichtung. Vielfach unaufgefordert, wenden sich die Autoren mit ihren Werken an den apostolischen Stuhl, sie widmen einzelnen Päpsten ihre Schriften und verherrlichen sie in Lobgedichten.
The allegories of the virtues and vices have been a typical educating instrument within the heart a while for either spiritual and lay audiences to benefit the fundamental tenets of the Christian religion. The Mirroure of the Worlde makes to be had for the 1st time the original textual content within the fifteenth-century British manuscript, MS.
Spatial pondering performs an enormous function in medieval literature and tradition. this isn't merely validated by means of the massive global maps and theological types of the cosmos in medieval occasions, but additionally by way of the spatial constitution and motifs of the narrative literature. The articles during this quantity discover how areas are defined in narratives from the ninth to the sixteenth century?
- Statius and Virgil: The Thebaid and the Reinterpretation of the Aeneid
- Chaucer's Pilgrims: An Historical Guide to the Pilgrims in The Canterbury Tales: An Historical Guide to the Pilgrims in "the Canterbury Tales"
- Greek Literature in Late Antiquity: Dynamism, Didacticism, Classicism
- Historische und religiöse Erzählungen: Band 4 (German Edition)
- Reading the World: Encyclopedic Writing in the Scholastic Age
- A Companion to Sophocles (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
Additional resources for Anglo-Saxon Keywords (Keywords in Literature and Culture (KILC).)