By Carole Bell Ford
Read Online or Download After the Girls Club: How Teenaged Holocaust Survivors Built New Lives in America PDF
Best american history books
Whereas such a lot reports of the FBI concentrate on the lengthy tenure of Director J. Edgar Hoover (1924-1972), the hazards of Dissent shifts the floor to the hot earlier. The publication examines FBI practices within the family safety box during the prism of 'political policing. ' The tracking of dissent is uncovered, as are the Bureau's arguable 'counterintelligence' operations designed to disrupt political job.
Re-examines American background throughout the topic of contested equality Taking an inclusive view of yankee heritage, Created equivalent emphasizes the struggles for equality skilled through various teams of american citizens around the many areas of the nation. With a steadfast chronological framework, and a powerful narrative thread, the authors supply a clean and important point of view at the conventional tale.
This short, up to date exam of yankee colonial historical past attracts connections among the colonial interval and American existence at the present time by means of together with previously overlooked components of social and cultural background and the position of minorities (African-Americans, Native-Americans, girls, and laboring classes). It summarizes and synthesizes contemporary reports and integrates them with previous study.
Widows and Orphans First investigates the significance of neighborhood economies and values within the origins of the welfare nation via an exploration of widows' lives in 3 business American towns with greatly differing financial, ethnic, and racial bases. In Fall River, Massachusetts, employment used to be considered as the answer to widows' poverty, so public charitable expenditure was once tremendously restricted.
- Empty Mills: The Fight Against Imports and the Decline of the U.S. Textile Industry
- Amelioration and Empire: Progress and Slavery in the Plantation Americas (Jeffersonian America)
- The Lakota Ghost Dance of 1890
- The American Revolution Reborn (Early American Studies)
- Post Roads & Iron Horses: Transportation in Connecticut from Colonial Times to the Age of Steam (The Driftless Connecticut Series)
- Mothering the Race: The Discourse on Welfare and Reproductive Rights of African-American Women in the 20th Century (Family Values and Social Change)
Additional resources for After the Girls Club: How Teenaged Holocaust Survivors Built New Lives in America