By M. A. R. Habib
- Supplies the cultural, ancient and philosophical history to the literary feedback of every era
- Enables scholars to determine the improvement of literary feedback in context
- Organised chronologically, from classical literary feedback via to deconstruction
- Considers a variety of thinkers and occasions from the French Revolution to Freud’s perspectives on civilization
- Can be used along any anthology of literary feedback or as a coherent stand-alone introduction
Read or Download A History of Literary Criticism and Theory: From Plato to the Present PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
This choice of new feminist essays represents the paintings of younger critics getting to know and educating in British Universities. Aiming to set the time table for feminist feedback within the nineties, the essays debate subject matters the most important to the improvement of feminist concept: between them, the issues of gendered wisdom and the results of money owed of gendered language, cultural restraints at the illustration of sexuality, women’s employer, cultural and political switch, a feminist aesthetics and new readings of race and sophistication.
All through heritage, eastern ladies have excelled in poetry - from the people songs of the Kojiki (Record of historic concerns) compiled in 712 and the court docket poetry of the ninth to the 14th centuries, on in the course of the age of haikai and kanshi to the nineteenth century, into the modern interval whilst books of women's poems have created a sensation.
The examine of unnatural narrativeshas develop into an incredible, yet nonetheless disparate new learn application in narrative conception. This selection of essays presentsand discusses the hot analytical instruments that experience thus far been constructed at the foundation of unnatural novels, brief tales, and performs and extends those findings via analyses of stories, comics, photograph novels, movies, and oral narratives.
In the course of a time of uncertainty over collective identification and social transformation, Quebec novels began getting ill – after 1940, the variety of narratives approximately sickness, ailment, and ailing characters intensified. For the final seventy years, generations of authors have became to medically orientated tales to symbolize everyday existence and political turmoil.
- Landscape in Children's Literature (Children's Literature and Culture)
- Beautiful Angiola: The Lost Sicilian Folk and Fairy Tales of Laura Gonzenbach
- Literary Crossroads: An International Exploration of Women, Gender, and Otherhood
- Sexual Content in Young Adult Literature: Reading between the Sheets (Studies in Young Adult Literature)
- From Sorrow's Well: The Poetry of Hayden Carruth (Under Discussion)
- Critical Approaches to Joseph Conrad
Additional info for A History of Literary Criticism and Theory: From Plato to the Present