By Victoria Moul
Read Online or Download A Guide to Neo-Latin Literature PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
A research of medieval attitudes in the direction of the ventriloquism of God's and Christ's voices via human media, which unearths a development from an orthodox view of divine vocal strength to an nervousness over the authority of the priest's voice to a subversive tackle the divine voice that foreshadows Protestant devotion.
Während des Mittelalters ist die päpstliche Kurie innerhalb Europas die wichtigste Adresse der gelehrten lateinischen Dichtung. Vielfach unaufgefordert, wenden sich die Autoren mit ihren Werken an den apostolischen Stuhl, sie widmen einzelnen Päpsten ihre Schriften und verherrlichen sie in Lobgedichten.
The allegories of the virtues and vices have been a standard educating instrument within the heart a while for either non secular and lay audiences to benefit the fundamental tenets of the Christian religion. The Mirroure of the Worlde makes to be had for the 1st time the original textual content within the fifteenth-century British manuscript, MS.
Spatial pondering performs a big function in medieval literature and tradition. this isn't merely confirmed through the massive global maps and theological types of the cosmos in medieval instances, but additionally via the spatial constitution and motifs of the narrative literature. The articles during this quantity discover how areas are defined in narratives from the ninth to the sixteenth century?
- Power Play in Latin Love Elegy and its Multiple Forms of Continuity in Ovid’s >Metamorphoses< (Trends in Classics - Supplementary Volumes)
- Virgil's Homeric Lens (Routledge Monographs in Classical Studies)
- Julian of Norwich: A Book of Essays (Garland Medieval Casebooks)
- Relics and Writing in Late Medieval England
- The Routledge Research Companion to the Medieval Icelandic Sagas
- Meals in the Early Christian World: Social Formation, Experimentation, and Conflict at the Table
Extra info for A Guide to Neo-Latin Literature