By Frances E. Mascia-Lees
- In this ground-breaking paintings at the physique and embodiment, the newest scholarship from anthropology and comparable social technology fields is gifted, delivering new insights on physique politics and the adventure of the body
- Original chapters conceal ancient and modern methods and spotlight new study frameworks
- Reflects the expanding significance of embodiment and its ethnographic contexts inside anthropology
- Highlights the expanding emphasis on analyzing the construction of clinical, technological, and clinical services in learning our bodies and embodiment
Read or Download A Companion to the Anthropology of the Body and Embodiment (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) PDF
Similar anthropology books
Designed to aid scholars study and comprehend political advancements on the earth round them, this exact textual content covers a big selection of political sociology techniques and theoretical views. The book's multidimensional view emphasizes the interaction among strength, inequality, a number of oppressions, and the nation.
A more moderen version of this ebook is on the market for ordering on the following net handle: https://rowman. com/ISBN/9780759112421 study equipment in Anthropology is the traditional textbook for tactics periods in anthropology courses. over the last dozen years, it has introduced tens of millions of scholars into the sector with its mix of rigorous method, wry humor, common sense suggestion, and various examples from real box initiatives.
In volumes, the SAGE instruction manual of Social Anthropology presents the definitive evaluation of up to date learn within the self-discipline. It explains the what, the place, and the way of present and expected paintings in Social Anthropology. With eighty authors, contributing greater than 60 chapters, this can be the main entire and up to date assertion of analysis in Social Anthropology to be had and the basic element of departure for destiny initiatives.
This publication is written collaboratively by means of specialists on diverse areas of Oceania. It provides a different instrument for teachers and common readers who desire to develop into extra acquainted with the peoples of the Pacific and for students searching for an analytical conspectus in this a part of the world. Oceania combines surveys of prehistory and historical past with cautious discussions of cultural styles and difficulties bobbing up out of up to date political and fiscal swap.
- Antisemitism and Anti-Zionism in Turkey: From Ottoman Rule to AKP (Israeli History, Politics and Society)
- Health on Delivery: The Rollout of Antiretroviral Therapy in Malawi (Anthropology and Global Public Health)
- Mirror for Humanity: A Concise Introduction to Cultural Anthropology (B&b Anthropology)
- Memory as Colonial Capital: Cross-Cultural Encounters in French and English (Palgrave Macmillan Memory Studies)
Additional info for A Companion to the Anthropology of the Body and Embodiment (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)